Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Don't Leave Home Without It!

I’ve taken to heart the advice I've seen many photographers give to always have a camera with you.  That said, I don’t ALWAYS have a camera with me, and even when I do, it’s not always my Nikon.  But I've made a concerted effort recently to carrying around my “point and shoot” camera--especially on those occasions where my activity is not purposely photography-oriented.

Such was the case this week as I was taking a walk along the river trail near my house.  It’s easy to carry the camera in my hand all the while I’m speed-walking.  If I find something interesting, I stop and shoot it.  It gives me a great feeling to know that I’m getting fresh air AND getting a few shots off here and there.

I wish that I had taken this advice a bit earlier, because it was during a similar walk last week that I spotted a coyote—a big one!  I had a great vantage point, and the coyote was looking back at me…what a great shot that would have been.  Oh well, live and learn.

If you don’t have a camera with you at all times, consider getting a small point-and-shoot camera to keep in your car, bike bag, etc… you’ll be glad you did.

Feel free to contact me at CostaMesaPhotography@gmail.com or check out my website gallery at http://costamesaphotography.com/

(metadata 1/200 sec at f/4. and ISO 100, focal length 24mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment