Saturday, February 4, 2012

Shapes and Colors and Contrasts

I was finishing up my bird/focus experimentation when I noticed this pair of clay birds looking at each other.  In the midst of all the other real birds flying around and making noise, it was these two that really had me interested.  Really weird actually.  They captured my imagination, much the way the imagination of the original artist must have been at work when he/she was creating these gazing poses.

What had caught my attention though and drew me to photography them was their shapes, colors, and the contrasting light.  I don't understand the science or psychology as to why this was, but I found it pleasing, and therefore I composed the image to complete the capture.

Not surprisingly, I didn't have to go far to get this shot.  I had friends today that drove 2 hours to get to their destination, and no doubt they will come back with some spectacular photographs.  But I'd like to encourage you to not be discouraged that you don't have that kind of time, and instead choose something really close to home...a nearby regional park, a walk around the block, or just an adventure in your own back yard.

Keep shooting!

Feel free to contact me at CostaMesaPhotography@gmail.com or check out my website gallery at http://costamesaphotography.com/

(metadata 1/1000 sec at f/8 and ISO 250, focal length 300mm--on my 70-300 lens)

No comments:

Post a Comment