Friday, May 25, 2012

"Photo of the Day"--That's a Pretty Cool Award!

I was flattered earlier this week when one of my photos was selected by the Huntington Library as their Photo of the Day!

This sort of recognition is more valuable to me than money.  Well, ok, maybe that's overstating it...  It's more valuable to me IN THE LONG RUN than the short joy of being paid...that's what I meant to say.

Most people are motivated by knowing that they're contributing something of value or working towards an honorable objective, and then being recognized for that effort.  It's a basic of human nature, and understanding that is one of the more powerful advantages that one can have when working with people in any endeavor.

Just a short note today...just wanted to brag.

You can see the photo, as well as my other Huntington Library shots HERE on my website gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment