Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hint of Spring...

In spite of the chill in the air this weekend along with the unpredictable mix of warm sunshine and breezy, rainy conditions, I could sense that Spring is around the corner. 

A quick trip out into the backyard revealed a number of areas where plants were beginning to bud and flower.  A variety of colors, sizes, and textures made for a surprisingly diverse photo shoot (and I didn't have to spend anything on gas!).

On of my favorite subjects is our red bud tree.  This tree has the most magnificent magenta leaves and offers many photographic opportunities throughout the growing season.  Today's shot is of a blossom and the first emerging growth of leaves.  I'm able to see quite a number of buds and blossoms, and look forward to the full growth ahead and the shade it will provide.

I have a really special trip coming up, and that will be to Joshua Tree National Park.  Stay tuned for the desert beauty that I will be able to share with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment