Friday, May 4, 2012

Spring Has Sprung--POW!!

Our weather this weekend in Southern California has once again returned to that marvelous combination of morning marine layer followed by late morning sunshine and then capped off with brilliantly bright and warm afternoons. 

What a perfect day to be anywhere, doing anything--as long as it was outside.  For me, it was a short trip...right out to the backyard, where once again I could marvel at the beauty and variety of the flowers in our garden.  I don't plant them, and I don't know their names, but I do know how to photograph them!

Today I was going after close-ups and was using a set of extension tubes.  An extension tube is basically a hollow ring that goes between the camera body and the lens--pushing the optics further away from the focal plane to increase the magnification.

This is just one of many shots taken today, and if you're interested, you can view all my flower images by visiting http://costamesaphotography.com

(Metadata:  1/350 sec at f/8.0 and ISO 200, shot at 105mm with Kenko Uniplus 25 extension tubes)

No comments:

Post a Comment