Monday, August 10, 2015

Published in Orange County Culture Magazine!



This one definitely requires a bit of a backstory…

I was contacted a couple of months ago by the co-founder and editor of a brand new magazine being produced, called Orange County Culture.  Apparently they planned to have a section of the magazine called “OCSTATEOFMIND” which would feature full-page photographs depicting life around Orange County, and they had come across an image on my website of a hummingbird that they wanted to use.  Of course I agreed.

I just received a copy of the magazine in the mail today, and sure enough my photograph appears on page 33.  There are a total of ten images that are in this section of the magazine and show mostly landscape and seascape oriented images—all are quite beautiful by the way!

What I didn’t know until I thumbed through the magazine (and the cover was my first clue) was that I was probably outside their targeted demographic for the publication.  They feature certain musicians, personalities, businesses, and eating establishments that I don’t regularly frequent.  I’m inclined to think that the sweet spot demographic is 20s-30s.  It’s a very well put together and produced magazine and I’m quite happy and proud to have my photograph featured in it.  I have a feeling that this is going to be a very successful magazine and feel lucky to have a small part in it.


If you’re curious and want to get more information about the magazine, visit their website:  http://orangecountyculture.com/

Feel free to drop me a line anytime at CostaMesaPhotography@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment